Dear Friends of Southern Arts Society,
We recognize the ongoing concern about coronavirus (COVID-19) and care deeply about the well-being of our visitors, artists, and volunteers. We are actively monitoring the situation, as well as abiding by the recommendations of local, State and Federal authorities.
Beginning today and continuing through Saturday, March 31, we have decided to postpone our programs and group meetings.
- Knit and Crochet on March 18 and
- Colored Pencil Club on March 26.
The following are additional precautionary steps we’re taking for your safety:
- Our spaces are being cleaned more frequently—particularly high-touch areas, such as entryways, doorknobs, class tables, and handrails.
- Bottles of hand sanitizer and wipes have been placed at the entrance for public use.
- Visitors, artists, and volunteers with a cough, cold, or fever are being told to stay home and avoid close contact with others.
How can you help?Whether you’re an artist, member, volunteer, or just a first-time visitor, we ask that you take all of the basic precautions recommended by the CDC.
- Clean your hands often.
- Wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands, particularly your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you cough or sneeze, use a shirt sleeve or tissue, not your hands. Then, wash your hands again.
- Greet others without handshakes or hugs. Opt for waves or an elbow bump.
- Keep your work area well sanitized.
Southern Arts Society