Painting Water Workshop with Todd Baxter
- Date: Saturday, August 3, 2019
- Time: 9:00 am to 4 pm (Doors open 9 AM to set up, class begins at 9:30)
- Medium: Students may work in oil or acrylic (Todd will be working in oil)
- Cost: SASi member $70 per student, Non-member $80
- Supplies: Students are responsible to bring basic painting supplies and canvas, see link for full supply list.
- Ages: 16 and up
- Skill level: Beginner to Intermediate (prior experience with mixing colors and basic knowledge of painting)
- Lunch: Bring your own – or order out
- Class Description: At this workshop our focus will be on painting water. In particular, water that is still and reflective. The calmer the water the sharper the reflection, while turbulent water might have no reflection at all. Todd will be providing the photo references for us to paint from.
- Class Info Sheet: download PDF here
Weekly Oil Painting Classes with Todd Baxter
Fridays 10:00 am – Noon
- Where: Held at Hobby Lobby, 1526 Meeting Blvd., Rock Hill SC 29730.
- Cost: $30 per 2-hour session. For more information, contact Todd Baxter.
12-day Plein Air Trip to Italy hosted by Todd Baxter
May 3 – 14, 2019
- Where: Liguorian coast, Rome, Milan, Florence, Tuscany
- Tour Group: Niteo Tours
- Details: Please visit the Niteo website
This trip is ideal for:
- Beginner to advanced paintersAny media including photography
- Spouses or friends welcome
- Limited to 14 people
It would be great if some of you could join Todd. Check it out.
About Todd Baxter
Todd Baxter has loved to draw the world around him as far back as he can remember, one of those enviable people who always knew what they wanted to be when they grew up. His artist’s eye first guided Todd’s successful career as a graphic designer, begun after he graduated from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh in 1975. For more than three decades, he created images that engaged audiences in the world of advertising. Then in June 2010, with the responsibilities of raising a family in the rearview mirror, he decided to adjust course to focus on his passion for fine art.
“I am extremely grateful to be able to pursue my passion, to have the opportunity to do what I love doing, every day.”
Todd is currently represented by the Providence Gallery in Charlotte, NC, and Olive’s in Fort Mill, SC. He is a member of the Tega Cay Art League, the Charlotte Art League, the Catawba River Art Guild and the Charlotte Plein Air Painters.
Mail: Baxter Fine Art, 10027 Bora Bora Drive, Tega Cay, SC 29708-9313