Resources for Artists | Regional Arts Groups | Classes and Workshops
Southern Arts Society (SASi) Gift Shop and Gallery in Kings Mountain will remain closed thru May 31, due to the Coronavirus outbreak. SASi is not planning any in-person activities during May and will likely be closed to the public until June. SASi will reevaluate the situation towards the end of May and will follow guidelines from the state of North Carolina as to when they can reopen.
While SASi is closed you are encouraged to check out some of the resources below. We will continue to update this list.
Videos and Classes
Linda Germain – Printmaking Without A Press
- This artist is doing online classes and challenges
- Has a free video on making your own Gelatin Plate for printing
- They sell artist educational videos, but they are doing live classes for FREE during the Coronavirus outbreak.
- Checkout their YouTube site for videos.
- Adele is also on YouTube – She does abstracts – great videos to watch!
- The home of Plein Air Magazine – information about workshops, videos, painterly advice and more.
Arts Groups in the Region
- The Catawba River Art Guild (CRAG) was formed in 2008 to support, encourage, and inspire the interest of art and artists in the community through its members by providing programs, fellowship and opportunities for its members.
- The Gaston County Art Guild was organized in 1965 to enable those interested in the arts to assemble and participate in the community activities for the advancement of visual art. This non-profit organization is supported by members’ dues and is a funded affiliate of the Gaston Arts Council.
- Gaston Arts Council (GAC), is the umbrella organization for the arts, in Gaston County, since 1979.
- Gaston Arts Council is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that exists to encourage, promote and support broad-ranged cultural and educational programs by employing the multidisciplinary facets of the arts.